A Rare Case Report on Ileal Perforation due to Ingested Mutton Bone

  • Gakul Bhatta Lecturer, Department of Surgery, Karnali Academy of Health Sciences
  • Bala Ram Malla Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathamndu University Hospital
  • Nripesh Rajbhandari Lecturer, Department of Surgery, Dhulikhel Hospital, Kathamndu University Hospital

Abstract

Perforation due to a foreign body is not a common cause of the surgical emergency. Delay in diagnosis might lead to peritonitis and subsequently sepsis and eventually death. A case with external ileal perforation warrants a wider knowledge sharing for the benefit of the medical community. Thus, it makes an important case to be reported.

Key Words:  Foreign Body, Perforated hollow viscus

DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3126/jkahs.v2i1.24418

Published
2019-06-04